Hi, the cross browser guarantees that web applications will be accessible across multiple browsers.
Some tips that we can implement in our web Apps will be:
- Make sure that we define a valid Doctype in the HTML file, in that way the browser knows what type of document to expect. The Doctype is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in.
- Use a CSS Reset file, in this file will declare global rules styles an the browsers that load the web App will follow this rules. like: delete body padding, etc.
- We can use css frameworks if your project permit this, for example: if you use bootstrap this will help you to standardize the styles for the browsers.
- Some browsers can detect conditional comments like Internet Explorer. So you can create a conditional comment where you insert a css file if the browser is IE.
- One important tip is that we need to keep our code simple, this means that when we are coding is required to think about the quantity of the code that we are adding to the App, so just add the necessary code, make simple and maintainable.
- Don’t forget to use a tool for do the Cross-Browser Testing, you can see this link
By Cristina Rojas.