Let’s talk about the different types of test in this post.
This type of test – tests one unit of code in insolation, which is often a function or a react component.
Tests how multiple units work together, so test the interaction between units (components) or the interaction between Microservices.
Tests a particular function of software, we are testing behavior in every function.
Acceptance / End-to-end (E2e) test
This type of test use actual browser and server (Cypress, Selenium or other).
Here the different mindset from unit testing:
Unit testing Isolated: mock dependencies, test internals.
- Very easy to pinpoint failures.
- Further from how user interact with software.
- More likely to break with refactoring.
Functional testing include all relevant units, test behavior.
- Close to how users interact with software.
- Robust test.
- More difficult to debug failing test.
By Cristina Rojas.